Jhang District is a district of Faisalabad division in the Punjab province, Pakistan. Jhang city is the capital of district. Situated on the east bank of the Chenab river, it is the 18th largest city of Pakistan by population.
Jhang city, can also be attributed as the Land of Heer, the town of Jhang was built in 1288 by Rai Sial on the recommendation of Hazrat Shah Jalal Bukhari. Jhang is more famous for its natives, than for its goods.
The Jhangvi are mostly dedicated, healthy, tall, and strong. The people live in the rural kind of area, and therefore are simple and straight-forward, broad minded, hospitable and progressive. Jhang is 228 km from Lahore and 73 km away from Faisalabad. Surrounding towns which exists in close proximity are Toba Tek Singh, Gojra, Samundri, and Bhawana.